Author Topic: Improving co-operation in the Bristol cycling community  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Robin S

• Robin S
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Improving co-operation in the Bristol cycling community
« on: November 20, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
Better By Bike, Bristol Cycling Campaign, Critical Mass, Fixies, Sustrans, BMX, Track, MTB, Independent bike shops, chain bike shops, luminous lycra wearers, Bromptonites, drunk post-pub cyclists, Naked Bike Ride, Wobbly Cyclists, pavement riders, red light jumpers, highway code sticklers.

How do we improve communication and co-operation between these organisations and groups? After all we all have something in common and that's an enthusiasm for human powered two wheeled transport so "why can't we all just get along?" I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Offline Adam Ef

• View Profile
Re: Improving co-operation in the Bristol cycling community
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:11:25 PM »
I use Better By Bike, am a member of Bristol Cycling Campaign, have been on Critical Mass, sometimes ride fixed gear, support Sustrans and use their routes, rode BMX as a child and still have vivid recurring dreams of doing amazing wheelies, trying to get to ride the track, have owned a few MTBs in the past, work in independent bikes shops, shop in all sorts of bike shops, sometimes ride longer rides in lycra, often ride a Brompton in regular clothes, sure I've found my way home from the pub on a bike in the past, not yet got the courage to join a naked ride, am wobbly and slow on the right bike loaded up with the right shopping, don't tend to ride pavements or jump lights and am a bit of a highway code stickler from time to time.

Isn't this a bit like talking about drivers and cyclists without acknowledging that often people are both?

Offline Robin S

• Robin S
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Improving co-operation in the Bristol cycling community
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »
I didn't say you couldn't be more than one of these things, I'm several of them at different times.